Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
10:58 PM across the universe, beauty, blue addicted, deborah lippmann, essence, nail of the day, nail polish 17 comments
Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe nail polish (avaliable here) has been on my wishlist since I first saw it, but I soon gave up on owning it because Deborah Lippmann's nail polishes are not sold in my country. Luckily, Essence came out with a perfect dupe called Blue Addicted (avaliable here), and apart from being almost identical, it is also a lot cheaper! Win!
Monday, February 27, 2012
10:53 PM #4, Benji, breaking dawn part 1, bus pass, donut, lifestyle, luggage, outfit of the day, personal, photos, random, shopping, shrimp pasta, snapshots, sushi, the help, weekly, zipper 4 comments
1. I've eaten (homemade) sushi before, but I've only tried one sort of it, so I was really excited to find this box in the store. I've tried all those you can see, but if I'm completely honest, I think that our homemade sushi tasted much better. I did like the one with salmon, but others tasted really strange. They had some weird sauce in them which was disguisting.
2. One of my favorite dishes - pasta with shrimps in creme sauce.
3. Our exam/holiday season came to an end, so I had to go back to uni. :(
4. This little piece of plastic (a pre-paid bus pass) can apparently cause a lof of unnecessary problems! I put 20€ in a ticket machine to buy a monthly ticket, but the freakin' machine didn't want to put the money on my card. I called the ''emergency'' number and they said that I should wait there because they would fix the problem and call me back to give me instructions on what to do next in about 10 minutes. Guess what? They didn't call back. I was waiting there for almost an hour before deciding to go to my dorm room because it was so cold that I couldn't feel my feet anymore. Luckily, I had a spare ticket with just enough money on it for two rides, so I was able to go to my dorm room and then to my classes. Anyway, I called the customer service again later that day and they told me to come to the main ticket selling place the following day to fix the problem. This is where the problems should end, but no, when I came there, the woman behind the counter didn't want to return my 20€. She said she had been ordered to return only 3€. Long story short, they treated me like a criminal, I got really mad (and I usually never do), and then they finally managed to fix things after waiting there for an hour. I am definitely NOT a fan of LPP after this incident.
5. The bus pass wasn't the only thing that decided to mess with my head last Monday. My zipper was also testing my patience. After eating my dinner at a restaurant literally trapped in my winter jacket, I finally managed to fix it after hours of pulling and screaming.
6.This is how our donuts look like. They're filled with apricot jam and have no hole in them as you can see. I used our carnival season (Halloween-like event) as an excuse for eating them almost every day last week. What?! We have to preserve our tradition, haven't we?
7. Shopping with my sister.
8. Benji waiting
patiently to have a bath.
9. & 10. & 11. My new hairstyle + outfit of the day. Occasion: My grandma's 70th birthday party.
12. I finally decided to watch Breaking Dawn Part 1. The movie has quite a few bizzare scenes if you ask me. I'm really interested in seeing what they will do with the second part!
13. The Help. I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this movie, but if you haven't, you definitely need to go see it. I loved it! I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the scene you can see the photo is hilarious! Those of you who have already seen the movie will know what I'm talking about. :)
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Katy Perry: Part of Me
The Naked and Famous: Young Blood
Andrew Belle: All Those Pretty Lights
David Guetta & Sia: Titanium
Jason Derulo: It Girl
Taylor Swift: Safe and Sound
Madonna & Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.: Give Me All Your Luvin'
The Wanted: Glad You Came
Gotye & Kimbra: Somebody That I Used to Know
Lil Wayne & Bruno Mars: Mirror
Friday, February 24, 2012
10:43 PM beauty, bun, cardigan, fashion, greent, h and m, hair, haul, hm, nail polish, pants, shaper, shopping, top 15 comments
My sister and I spent the whole day shopping today. We were trying to find a dress for her ''the end of elementary school'' event, but we couldn't find any appropriate ones, so we'll probably have to get it from asos. Dress hunting aside, we did manage to find some new pieces for our spring wardrobes. I didn't get a lof of stuff for myself because I was too preoccipied with finding things for my sister, but I'm very satisfied with what I got. I especially love the green pants. The color is gorgeous and they're super comfy too! By the way, the last thing you can see on the photo is not some weird looking bracelet, but a hair bun shaper. I've never seen it in my country before, so I of course had to get it. You know, just in case. :)
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Before I start with the 11 Questions Tag, I first want to thank Vicky and Louise for giving me The Versatile Blogger Award. I've already gotten this award two times before (you can check out the post here), so I decided not to do another separate post on this. The rules for this award are pretty similar to the rules of this tag, though, so you'll still get the random things about myself and the tags. :)
Let's now start with the 11 Questions Tag. The rules are:
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs.
- No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this'. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
I have actually been tagged by three lovely ladies, and because I don't want this post to be extremely long, I decided to split this tag up in two posts. Today I'm going to tell you 11 random things about myself, answer the questions asked by one of the girls, and tag 11 people. I'm going to answer the rest of the questions asked by the other two girls next week.
11 things about myself:
o I used to have two Golden Agouti Mongolian gerbils.
o If I won a lottery, I would take a year off and go travel around the world.
o I usually wear glasses and absolutely no make-up to school.
o I own about 80 nail polishes and I'm not planning to stop buying them any time soon.
o I love ice-skating and wish I could do it more often.
o I've never been to a big concert, because none of the really famous artists come to my country.
o I hate writing school essays.
o When I was 14, I dyed my hair dark purple. Big mistake.
o I really don't like winter and its cold temperatures.
o I have a lof of trouble finding shoes that fit me, because my feet are really wide.
o I used to play piano (for six years).
Here are the questions which Hannah, who tagged me, aksed us in her post.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words? I find it really difficult to describe myself in 3 words, so I asked my sister to answer this question. Her answer is: quiet, shy, and perfectionist. :D
2. What are your thoughts on BB cremes? I only tried one (Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector), which I don't think is the best one out there. I would really like to try some Asian ones, but they don't sell them in my country.
3. Do you prefer organic or high-tech beauty products? I'm good with anything as long as it works well.
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I had lots of ideas! I wanted to be a florist, a cashier, a singer in a girl band, a hip-hop dancer, a fashion designer, a travel agent, a translator...
5. What do you want to be now - or are you already there? Realistically, a (movie) translator. Unrealistically, I want to work for a fashion/lifestyle magazine or do styling.
6. What is your favorite time of year and why? Definitely summer. I love sun, warm weather and long breaks from school. This is also the time when I usually travel, so it can't get any more perfect!
7. What is the one food you couldn't live without? This is a really hard question. I don't know, chicken maybe?
8. What are you most looking forward to in 2012? Summer holidays, haha. I just need a break from school to relax a bit and go on a proper vacation abroad.
9. Are you a cosmopolitan girl or a country bumpkin at heart? 100% cosmopolitan girl.
10. What are your Valentine’s Day plans? I didn't have any special plans (I'm single).
11. Do you prefer theatre or cinema? Cinema. I love watching movies!
And here are my 11 questions for you!
1. Who do you admire/look up to?
2. What would you do if you won the lottery?
3. Do you have any (secret) talents?
4. Do your personality and your zodiac sign description match?
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
6. If you could only shop at one fashion store for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
7. What is the most embarassing thing that has happened to you?
8. Do you have any weird dreams?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. Do you like your name or would you prefer having a different one?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
I know this was a really long post, but I hope you enjoyed reading it anyway.
Monday, February 20, 2012
7:53 PM #3, Benji, breakfast, dinner, dog, fireplace, grammys, kefalonia, lifestyle, lunch, makeup, party, personal, random, snapshots, walkies, weekly 21 comments
1. What is the best thing about winter? Planning our summer holidays, of course. I asked my mother to bring me some catalogues from a tourist agency to take a look at what they're offering, and soon after that, I found our next travel destination. We're going to Kefalonia, Greece in July! We already booked it. I cannot tell you how much I can't wait for the summer!
2. Walkies! :)
3. My breakfast - banana, muesli and strawberry yogurt. I shoud eat this more often.
4. Grammys' night! I stayed up until 5.30 am because I was watching the whole thing live this year.
5. Experimenting with make-up. How do you like this look?
6. I know, the photo looks disgusting, but this was actually really good! It's just chicken and bunch of vegetables mixed with cheese. Yummy!
7. Benji, the cutest little thing.
8. Our fireplace. You gotta love that thing when there's -12°C outside...
9. Benji talkin' to the neighbour. Judging from the sounds, I think they were arguing.
10. My parents and their friends decided to have at least one dinner party every month from now on. They will be held at our place because we have more space, but they will take turns cooking. This time our family friend was cooking, and it felt like we were having a personal chef, haha. Everything was so good, especially that octopus you can see on the photo!
Saturday, February 18, 2012
9:48 PM 2012, f/w, fashion, fashion week, favorite, favorites, new york, nyfw, outfits, part 2 11 comments