Guest Post: Lipstick Picks for Spring
Sandra Thursday, May 02, 2013
Today I have a very special guest here on my blog - Jessica from The Mod Mermaid. She has an amazing blog, makes awesome youtube videos, and is overall a wonderful and funny girl that I really hope to meet in person one day. I need to get my badonkadonk to New York ASAP, haha. Oh, by the way, Jessica and I are looking for sponsors to launch our own reality TV show 'Two Beauty Bloggers Under One Roof: London Edition'. I'm sure it would be pretty hilarious!
P.S. It's Jessica's b-day today, so be sure to pop over her blog and wish her a happy birthday once you finish reading the post. And yes, this is a command. Ok, I'll stop blabbering now and finally let your read Jessica's post. :D
Before I dive into I'd just like to give a ha-uuuuge THANK YOU to Sandra for letting me guest post on her blog. When I saw on twitter that she needed people to guest on her blog, I was all over it! I love Sandra's blog and reading all her reviews (especially the Barry M polish ones that make me want them all!) so I'm really happy that I get to feature something on here today!
Today I have my top 5 lippies for Spring to share with you all! Spring means it's time for the vampy and deep berry lip products to go into hibernation and for all our peaches, corals, and seriously bright colors to come out and shine! Lipsticks are my favorite accessories, especially in the warmer months as I love, LOVE, my bright lip colors! But some days I really don't feel like any sort of statement with my lip color, so I opt for sheerer formulas so I can enjoy the color without the boldness. Does that make sense? LOL! Anyway, here are the lipsticks I'll be pulling out a lot now that the sun is shining!
- Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake | a semi-sheer, blue-based pink; perfect to give your lips a cotton-candy wash
- Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti | a semi-sheer (these lip butters are very buildable and blendable!) bright tangering-orange color; coral lovers will go cuckoo bananas for this shade! if you're not totally comfortable with a bold color on your lips this'll be great because it's toned down by the sheer formula (again, am I making any sense? LOL)
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid in Shocking Coral | again, coral lovers rejoice! This lipstick is a gorgeous coral color that leans more to the pink than the orange, but it looks so gorgeous on the lips and will be flattering on virtually any skin tone. It's a bright color, but one of those brights that's honestly so wearable! Personally, I'd recommend this entire range of colors, but I figured I'd keep this list to 5 ;)
- MAC Flamingo | Don't hit me, this was a limited edition shade that came out last January in the Iris Apfel collection. I wasn't going to include it but it's honestly a color I get so much wear out of in the spring/summer. It's a pink, yet with a hint of color that's semi-opaque. I don't know what to say but look at that color! It justscreams spring lippie! Give this one a google and I'm sure you'll be able to find something super similar!
- MAC Show Orchid | a gorgeous, fushcia-bright-berry-hot pink (phew, that was a mouthful) and opaque shade that looks like a stunning flower petal. It's bright but there's something so wearable about it (to me at least, I'm not too shy with brights). It's new to my collection but I already see myself getting a LOT of wear out of this one.
So those are my top lipsticks picks for spring! All of these colors are fun spring colors and these formulas are long lasting and moisturizing. I hope you found a shade that you like and will now add to your list of spring picks!
I'd love to know what your spring lipstick picks are! I'm always on the look out to expand my collection!