Maybelline’s 24HR Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Review

I know I’m a little bit late jumping on the bandwagon with the Color Tattoo cream eyehadows, but I do have an excuse. Like most other fabulous make-up products, they too are not sold in my country. I’ve heard nothing but good things about these, so I was really excited when I saw them while shopping in Austria. And of course I had to pick one up because I have a shopping problem and a make-up obsession in order to do a review for you. 🙂

Photobucket

So, what do I think about it? It’s fabulous! First of all, the shade that I’ve got –  On and on Bronze – is very pigmented and long lasting. After having it on for about 12 hours, it still looked perfect. I hadn’t experienced any creasing or fading. You can actually wear these Color Tattoo eyeshadows on their own as a creme eyeshadow or as a base for other eyeshadows. I’ve tried both ways and was very impressed. When I used it as a base it kept my powder shadows on place for the whole 12 hours, which is something that no primer I’ve tried so far has been able to do. I really wish they would make some light, matte, skin-tone like colors so I could wear them as a base under my non-shimmery and non-bronze eyeshadows.

Photobucket

I also have to mention that the shadow is very easy to blend, which you can see in the photo below, so you don’t have to be afraid of wearing it on your own. For blending I used my Sigma blending brush that I normally use for blending my powder eyeshadows, and it worked totally fine.

Photobucket

As I have just said, this particular shade works amazing, but I’m not sure about the other ones, particularly matte ones. I’ve wanted to pick up the taupy shade as well, but when I swatched it, it was really dry, so I decided not to get it. Maybe it was just the tester that was bad, though. Does anyone maybe own it?

DSCN2989

16 Comments

1. Gem D
    November 23, 2012 / 9:42 am

I have this one and love it too 🙂 I also have it in Taupe. It is drier and doesn't glide on or blend as well as the other shades, but i still like it and it lasts just as long :)Gem xhttp://gemseren.blogspot.co.uk

2. Linsay
    November 23, 2012 / 9:46 am

I have the taupe shade and I find it quite difficult to work with, however once i've warmed it up with my fingers quite a bit it's a bit easier. There's not much time to play with it though and I find it quite hard to blend. Once it's on though it really aint budgin so it's good in that sense :)Lxx

3. Nina
    November 23, 2012 / 10:09 am

krasen odtenek. čisto jesenski, pa še vsem barvam oči se poda. :)super nakup. xoxo, nina

4. Colorful Harmony
    November 23, 2012 / 10:31 am

because I have a shopping problem and a make-up obsession! =DDDDD Me spomne na Essence Circus Circus LE =)

5. Taya
    November 23, 2012 / 10:49 am

Zakaj mi delaš lušte, ko pri nas ni na voljo teh senčil? Ko sem bila nazadnje v Avstriji, jih nisem videla, drugače bi tudi jaz vzela kako, sploh tisto električno modro, ki me je takoj prepričala. Mi je pa zelo všeč prečrtan del. 😀 I feel the same, haha. 😀

• Sandra
      November 23, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Tista modra je res čudovita! Sej sem jo že hotla kupt, sam glede na to, da nikoli ne nosim takih živih barv, bi bil denar stran vržen, tko da sem jo kar lepo nazaj dala. 😀

6. Mishelles Sleepy Time
    November 23, 2012 / 2:28 pm

I have this shade and I love it 😀 they need to come up with some more matte colours, I totally agree!x

7. aly7
    November 23, 2012 / 6:52 pm

I knew you would love it! This shade is my favorite, but I have the taupe and the pomegranate and both are really nice, too. 🙂

8. caise
    November 23, 2012 / 8:13 pm

such a lovely color! they don't sell them in my country(ies) either:(

9. Beth
    November 23, 2012 / 9:26 pm

Their staying power is amazing, this shade looks lovely 🙂 xx

10. Zala Mostlynailpolish
    November 23, 2012 / 10:57 pm

Zadnjič ko sem bila v Bipi sem si ga želela vzeti, ampak si ga na koncu nisem. Še čaka name 🙂

11. Lucia
    November 24, 2012 / 12:56 pm

I have that one and the silver one and I love them both :)www.girlyframe.blogspot.com

12. Gejba
    November 24, 2012 / 2:43 pm

I decided that I don't need this shade (I got Tough As Taupe and Pomegranate Punk) … but we all know what will happen when they let me lose in BIPA. :)))

13. Anonymous
    November 24, 2012 / 11:37 pm

I picked this shade up too and I love it, Love these just to put on when I am in a rush they apply so easily and last xx

14. Elena
    December 7, 2012 / 12:56 pm

I've got 3 of them, On and On Bronze, Eternal Gold and Infinite White. I absolutely love them, especially as primers since they´re the best eyeshadow primers I've ever tried! And I think that as a primer they're quite affordable too, compared to the famous Primer Potion by Urban Decay the prize of these Maybelline eye shadow is nice. It costs about 8 euros in the local supermarket here and I even found a sale with the prize as low as 6,9 e recently.I just went to Sweden yesterday and saw more colour options there but unfortunately didn't have time to shop. At least they had pink there, which I haven't seen here in Finland at all.