Maybelline Rocket Volum’ Express Mascara Review

Maybelline is the company I always come back to when I’m on a search for a new mascara. I’ve tried quite a few Maybelline mascaras so far and have been very impressed with most of them. Therefore, I had very high expectations for the Rocket Volum’ Express Mascara. Especially when I saw the big rubber brush. But does this mascara really deserve the hype?

I am not so sure to be honest. While this is still a very decent mascara, it doesn’t really give me any volume, which is a bit disappointing. Having said that, it does lift your lashes up, lengthen them and is very good when it comes to separating. It doesn’t clump my lashes even when I apply several coats, which is something that I appreciate a lot because my naturally clumpy eyelashes can sometimes be a pain to work with.

Did you happen to try out this mascara? What are your thoughts?

19 Comments

1. Emma
    March 21, 2013 / 6:33 pm

I hated it! I thought it made my eyelashes so clumpy and made them stick together so they looked spikey. My friend loves it though so I think its just personal preference.

• Sandra
      March 21, 2013 / 7:19 pm

Yeah, when it comes to mascaras, every person has its own preferences and also different eyelashes. This one works fine on me, but I really wish it gave me some volume.

2. Taya
    March 21, 2013 / 8:09 pm

Sem čakala, kdaj boš napisana oceno o tej maskari. 🙂 Meni je pri maskari itak najbolj važno, da da volumen, tako da če ga tale ne da, se je bom kar izogibala. A na fotkah imaš en sloj ali 2?

• Sandra
      March 21, 2013 / 8:19 pm

Mislim, da imam tukajle samo enega. Če dam dva, mi jih še bolj narazen da in zgleda, kot da mam še manj volumna.

3. Louise x
    March 21, 2013 / 8:41 pm

Maybelline sent me the wand to try out …But what was the point of that? The wand could be the best one in the world but if the mascara's crap, who's gonna buy it? Lol.I probably will pick up one of these after a while but I haven't seemed to need a new mascara for ages.Louise xConfessions of a Secret Shopper

• JK Taylor-Moran
      March 22, 2013 / 6:02 pm

I got the wand too! Haha I was tempted to buy it just to see if their claims are true but I don't think ill bother now! Xo

4. Stella
    March 21, 2013 / 8:44 pm

The result is not so dramatic.I like both volume and length.I wanted to buy this one too but maybe I won't.xStella from a A Shiny Place

5. Buttons Apart
    March 21, 2013 / 10:09 pm

I've not tried this masacara, bu tmight just give it a miss! Sita xxhttp://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

6. Zlatolaska
    March 21, 2013 / 10:20 pm

Se mi zdi, da ima zelo debelo krtačko, se motim? S takimi se zelo težko namažem, ker imam ouke oči. Meni sicer Maybelline maskare niso slabe, ampak blazno navdušena pa še nisem bila nad nobeno. Še najboljša mi je bila Great lash.

• Sandra
      March 21, 2013 / 11:17 pm

Ja, je kar debela. Great Lash še nisem probala, spomnim pa se, da mi je bila One by One kar všeč. Sam takoj se mi je posušila. :/

7. Mimi
    March 22, 2013 / 9:33 am

I saw it on sale at my drugstore for around 3 euros,maybe I will give it a try,even though I prefer waterproof mascaras.

8. noire
    March 22, 2013 / 2:30 pm

Found your blog thanks to Elisa (KawaiiPeaches) and loved it! Thanks for the honest review darling, I think I'll pass on this one : ) xx

9. MissGreenEyes
    March 22, 2013 / 4:33 pm

I don't like big wands! I still pick up Maybelline mascaras when I see them on sale but I haven't loved any of their recent ones x

10. Simply Evani
    March 22, 2013 / 6:02 pm

I'm not a big fan of how chunk Maybelline mascaras are, they're way too big to carry in a small makeup bag, in my opinion.

11. Adeola Naomi
    March 22, 2013 / 7:28 pm

I was sent this mascara but I haven't tried it since I haven't been impress by my previous Maybelline mascaras.

12. Boho Vanity
    March 22, 2013 / 8:17 pm

I'm so glad I didn't pick this one up! Lots of negative reviews on it. Thanks for being honest with us as always xx – Boho Vanity

13. With love, Ana.
    March 23, 2013 / 3:32 pm

Meni so najbolj v oči padle tvoje obrvi, full imaš lepe 🙂 Maskare pa še nisem sprobala in je tudi ne bom, sploh ker jaz edino volumen iščem pri maskari :S

14. lissamarie_
    March 25, 2013 / 12:22 pm

Imam to maskaro in na žalost nisem zadovoljna. :/

15. heydanixo
    May 17, 2013 / 2:30 pm

This is my fave mascara at the moment.I just did my own review on it as well, feel free to check it out.Have a great Friday!-Danielleheydanixo.blogspot.com(: