DIY Lip Scrub

I recently ran out out of my Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub, and since I didn’t have time to go pick up another jar, I finally decided to make my own one. Scrub, not jar. In case you want to know how I’ve made it, you can check out the video below! The process is really easy and you can probably find all the ingredients you need in your kitchen.

Ohh, just to let you know, this scrub turned out quite liquidy at first, so I later added a bit more sugar, which made it much better. If you’ll end up making it yourself, I would advise you to put in less honey and more sugar.

Now I only have one question for you. Would you maybe be interested in seeing more (beauty) DIYs here on my blog?

—————————————————————————————————–
Don’t forget to check out my current advertiser, Poppy Loves, a lifestyle blog celebrating food, fashion, home, beauty and much more.

18 Comments

1. va
    May 10, 2013 / 11:31 pm

vaseline is harmful to your health though you should try a healthier alternative like beeswax 🙂

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 10:08 am

I have heard that some carcinogenic impurities can be found in poorly refined petroleum jelly, but when the petroleum jelly is properly refined, all the impurities are removed. Such refined petroleum jelly is used in A LOT of cosmetic products. I used the original Vaseline that is made by using a triple purification method, so it is supposed to be completely safe. I've also heard that in the EU, the products containing petroleum jelly have to have a certification from the producer of petroleum jelly ensuring that it is free of carcinogens, so I think it is totally alright if I use it for my lip scrub! 🙂

2. Boho Vanity
    May 10, 2013 / 11:41 pm

I'd love to see more DIYs! Can't wait to try this xxJordan | Boho Vanity

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 10:11 am

Thank you Jordan! 🙂

3. Rachel.
    May 11, 2013 / 12:46 am

oooh this is a great DIY!! I love Lush's lip scrubs, they are amazing. Wanna try and make my own now!!! xohttp://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 10:11 am

They really are! I wish they weren't so overpriced, though.

4. sandryca
    May 11, 2013 / 8:46 am

luškana ideja 😉

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 10:11 am

Hvala! 🙂

5. Amy
    May 11, 2013 / 9:21 am

I make my own lipscrub too, it's SO much cheaper than buying it! I did a post on my blog a while back about it too :)Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 10:10 am

Yeah, Lush lip scrubs especially are so expensive! You can basically make your own one for free at home. I'll go check out your post right away and maybe try to make your version next time! 🙂

6. Taya
    May 11, 2013 / 3:26 pm

Super video. Jaz sem si tudi naredila svoj lip scrub, le da sem uporabila kokosovo lje (v trdnem stanju) in sladkor in je super. Pa še poceni. 🙂

7. Summer
    May 11, 2013 / 4:12 pm

Misliš da bi tak lip scrub bil v redu na zelooo poškodovanih ustnicah? Js si jih ful grizem, pa bi se res rada odvadla. :/ Drugač pa izgleda super, takile DIY-i so mi zakon! x

• Sandra
      May 11, 2013 / 4:21 pm

Hmm, ne vem. Tale je drugače ful tak negovalen pa ni grob, ker ma not med, tko da bi ti bil mogoče fajn. Probi, nimaš kej zgubit. 🙂

8. Beth
    May 11, 2013 / 5:07 pm

I was really happy to see this post after your comment on my Mint Julips review 🙂 This is a great idea and so simple, I'll have to try it! xx

9. Lauren L.
    May 11, 2013 / 6:17 pm

I love beauty DIYs, definitely keep em coming! 🙂 xxAlavish.blogspot.co.uk

10. Adeola Naomi Aderemi
    May 12, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Lovely one!

11. KillerCandy
    May 13, 2013 / 10:54 am

You really made me laugh: "I finally decided to make my own one. Scrub, not jar." Great DIY though.

12. Nina
    May 21, 2013 / 5:59 pm

Res dober DIY, že fuuul dolgo se spravljam v Lush, da bi si kupila en lip scrub, pa mi kr ne rata, si bom kr doma nardila enkrat. 🙂 Pa mami bo tut sigurno všeč. 🙂 Btw, sploh ne vem kk ti ne sledim, res sm mislna da sm že poklikala vse. :/ Ful simpatičen video, yay za anglistke! 😛 x