Soap & Glory Dr Spot Breakout Clearing Gel Review

Soap & Glory Dr Spot Breakout Clearing Gel Review

Ladies, I’m back! I’m done with makeup school, which means that my disappearance from the blogosphere has come to an end. I’ve terribly missed blogging and filming, so I’m glad I now have time to do it again. But more about ‘life stuff’ in my Sunday post. Today I’m here to review one of the few products I’ve been using this month outside the makeup school.

I normally don’t have any major skin problems apart from dry flakes on my cheeks and a few pesky blackheads on my nose, but recently, I’ve been dealing with a lot of breakouts. I’m pretty sure this is due to the fact that I had makeup put on and off my face about three times a day ever since I started with the makeup course, and when you throw a little stress into the mix as well, you can’t expect your skin to look fabulous, right?

I kept getting those nasty whiteheads on the weirdest places ever. At one point, three of them popped out right between my lips and my nose and I’ve never even had any spots apearing there. Luckily, I picked up Dr Spot when I was in London. This is the last product I thought I would buy when I was there, but I remembered that Meg pretty much proclaimed it a miracle worker, so I decided to get it ‘just in case’. And I’m glad that I did.

Dr Spot is a breakout clearing gel with salicylic acid and ginger that you’re supposed to apply twice a day on any spots that you may have. However, I have to say that I didn’t follow the rules. I dabbed it on my spots just before I went to bed, because I can’t imagine walking out of the house with it on my face despite being completely clear. Now, even thought I’ve read an amazing review that convinced me to buy this product, I can’t say that my hopes were too high, as I’ve tried quite a few similar gels before and none of them helped me get rid of my spots. This one, however, turned out to be different. It dries up my breakouts either overnight or in two days, which I think is more than amazing.

But don’t expect this product to be a real life photoshop eraser. After the nasty bits of my spots dried up and fell off (sorry for the image), I was still left with small red or dark marks on my face. But at least the disgusting white stuff disappeared… And there is one more thing I have to mention. I personally am not bothered by it, but some of you might be. The product has a really strong smell. Really strong. I don’t even know how to describe it, but there’s something mediciny about it.

Have any of you tried this product or maybe disovered another product that works the same? I would love to hear your thoughts!

16 Comments

1. Madeline
    February 28, 2014 / 5:26 am

Sounds pretty amazing. I have yet to try it, but I also heard that the Origins spot remover is a miracle worker. I need to get my hands on one of these 🙂

• Sandra
      March 3, 2014 / 11:01 pm

Oh, yeah, I've heard that one is amazing as well. I might try that one next. 🙂

2. Taya
    February 28, 2014 / 9:58 am

Jaz moram potrkati po lesu, da na srečo nimam veljih težav s kožo. Mi pa zadnje čase vsi izdelki smrdijo, ne vem, zakaj me vonj zadnje čase toliko moti. Sem pa vesela, da si začela nazaj blogati. 😀

• Sandra
      March 3, 2014 / 11:02 pm

Hehe, tudi jaz sem vesela. 😛

3. Adeola Naomi Aderemi
    February 28, 2014 / 12:50 pm

I haven't tried it but I am not sure I will because of the salicylic acid in it! Welcome back to blogging Sandra!

• Sandra
      March 3, 2014 / 11:05 pm

Thank you! Salicylic acid is in pretty much every single 'spot remover', because it's what makes a spot to fall off. I don't think it's dangerous or anything, even if it sounds like that… 😀

4. Anonymous
    February 28, 2014 / 5:12 pm

Finally back! 🙂 Obožujem Soap & Glory, ampak tega izdelka še nikoli nisem preizkusila (čeprav imam včasih kakšne mozoljčke, pogosto med zgornjo ustnico in nosom haha). Zveni čudovito – če se bom spomnila, ga bom naslednjič, ko bom v Boots vsekakor kupila. 🙂

• Sandra
      March 3, 2014 / 11:05 pm

Poročaj kako ti bo všeč, če ga kupiš. 🙂

5. Beth
    February 28, 2014 / 9:15 pm

I'm glad this works for you, it sounds great 🙂 welcome back! xx

• Sandra
      March 3, 2014 / 11:06 pm

Thanks Beth! 🙂

6. Deja
    March 7, 2014 / 9:31 am

Uuu, sliš se fajn. Občasno pa res dobim takšne bele mozolje, večinoma so samo rdeče pike (zelo rdeče, ker sem bela še bolj izstopajo :P). Js sm tut nekaj kupila na ebayu proti mozoljem in ma tut zelo močan vonj, zelo močan, ampak se ga navadiš pa ko naneseš itak zgine čez nekaj časa. 🙂

• Sandra
      March 9, 2014 / 2:16 pm

Ja, jaz sem se tudi tegale že navadla. Samo da deluje, briga me kako diši/smrdi. 😛

7. Gemma T
    March 7, 2014 / 10:47 pm

This sounds like a good product. I tried the Origins Spot Remover and really didn't like it – it burnt my skin, and didn't really make a difference. The best I've tried is the Lush Grease Lightning – it really does work wonders xxGemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

• Sandra
      March 9, 2014 / 2:17 pm

Oh no, I guess I won't be trying out that one then. I had Grease Lightning before but it didn't help much, so I'm glad I discovered this one from Soap & Glory. 🙂

8. antoinette.pepe
    March 10, 2014 / 4:36 pm

Does it really help? Maybe I should try it too! Thanks for sharing, doll.A.letterstoa.com

9. Anna Bielaszewska
    May 5, 2014 / 11:13 am

Piękne są te cienie z Ingrid, szkoda że druga paletka nie jest niestety już dostępna